Monday, September 11, 2017

Crochet Cardigan My Own Design

Hi Dear Folk,

A chill is in the air, the wood pile is stacked and kindling is stashed away to dry.  We never have a lack of kindling it continually drops out of our oak tree, but one must have patience to gather and box it.  Mostly Mr. B. does that, but I do help.  It is so lovely to come at during the winter, all neatly boxed in the garage, then staged in the basement to bring up and use in the fire.  If you  have ever tried to light a fire with slightly damp wood you will understand the joys of dry kindling.

I have resumed my crochet cardi.  It is my own design, following the basic instructions and photos here.  Some times I like a pattern, but others I like the freeness to use up some yarn from my stash, even smaller lengths and the joy of looking at all those colours and putting it together.

Fortunately I had written down a few notes and had stopped in strategic places, where I did not have to figure out too much what I had done over six months ago, I'm not good at that.  We will see how it turns out it is still a work in progress, but will be ready for Autumn, I have promised myself this.

I want to get into our garage, I keep having visions for it, but it will have to be a share vision as boy and garden things have to be housed there, but could I please sneak out a corner, or maybe half.

Christine

2 comments:

  1. The crochet cardigan sounds interesting, I am looking forward to hearing more and maybe a sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your finished cardi. I'm sure it will be beautiful. Yes feeling a bit chilly here but no wood fire sadly. I miss the one we had years ago. I hope you get your garage space.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10