Saturday, December 30, 2017

Once I Was

Hi Dear Folk,

I had plans for this morning but they were cancelled because of the snow which is still coming down. So I decided to hunker down have a cup of tea and light the fire.

The Boys are working on installing a new kitchen tap.  As we have not had water in the kitchen for two days.  Something about the water converter to the spray thing jamming shut.  Needless to say no water in the kitchen is a major problem.  Not quite sure how this is all going to go and whether at the end of it all we will still need to get a plumber in, "oh yea of little faith" but I'm hoping for the best.


The best was achieved and I have new working kitchen taps.  The joint project between dad and son went well, even having to come up with a tool they made to take a ring out of the plastic tubing, which they couldn't get unscrewed.


Second time in two weeks I have cleaned out this under sink cupboard.  I thought I was doing so well to get it cleaned out and then of course it had to be done all over again.


Yesterday we did make our trip to Lambertville and New Hope.  It was a very cold day and the Delaware River has ice floating down.  We parked the car looked around a shop and then an antique collective emporium.  Tierney fell in love with a designer Parisian black wool felt hat which she bought, we had fun looking around.

We were able to find the restaurant that I wanted to eat at quite easily Marhaba we had a Tabbouleh appetizer and I had a Pita Sabich and Tierney had the Gyro, all with cold mint tea.  The food is delicious, lovely and fresh.  The inside has north African rugs on the wall and lamps.  Will definitely eat there again.  I heard the waitress say they were having a belly dancer that night.

After that we drove across the bridge back into Pennsylvania, New Hope, and I took Tierney to the little French Patisserie, owned by a French Chef, so the real deal.  I had a Pistachio Horn, the shell was like a thin brickle with pistachio cream and a chai latte Tierney had a coffee latte and a chocolate, raspberry and white mouse confection, all delicious.

We took a little walk up the street, but by then it was 4:00PM the sun was setting and it was getting quite cold, so decided to call it a day and drive home.

We had picked my old Mandarin dress from the cleaners and Tierney loves it.  I cannot believe I was actually that thin, many a moon ago.





Yes once upon a time a girl visited China Town, San Francisco and bought a dress.  I was thrilled to see it worn again and to relive my youth. I always loved the fabric and colours of this dress, not garish but subtle.

Christine

3 comments:

  1. I wondered if the snow had reached you as other parts of PA reporting vast amounts of snow. Well done the boys!
    Your trip out sounded fun and the food delicious. The dress is beautiful and Tierney looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress and Tierney are beautiful.
    Happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to be able to pass on such a beautiful dress, both beautiful. Best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10