Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Nor'easter Snow Day

Hi Dear Folk,

Love snow days when you can stay at home, Mr. B, The Boy and I.  Snow day mornings always feel so good, the whole day stretches ahead with promise.  By late afternoon, it's all coming to an end and there's a feeling of finality.  Lazy crochet day at home.


Friend gave me this Caribbean Rum Cake, these are good.  She was away on a cruise and this is the gift Maria brought back for me.




Tuppy looking for her great escape.  Love this boy, now a man, what a joy he is.


Playing Judy Garland.



Now this she is a warrior female. feisty and friendly.


A friend is moving into an apartment and selling up her house.  It all comes at the right time, she has been through a lot, hospital, nursing home, hospital, physio.  We have been helping her to pack up, there is a lot to pack and sort, a lifetime.  This beehive clock is one of the items that she gave to me.  An old Seth Thomas, CT.


My dear one Mr. B. making his specialty, chocolate chip cookies.


They are just so perfect and with a mug of coffee, yummy.



A friend invited me over for lunch and then we went out thrifting.  At our last stop we found this, almost complete dinner service, I thought from the 1950's but it is earlier than that circa 1930.  Made in Czechoslovakia, Royal Ivory, Windsor.  It seems the company exported to shops like Macy's from 1924 to 1939.

Led astray, because a china addict needs very little encouragement to succumb to a bargain.  Bad associations will destroy an addicts resolution.


Always like square plates very Deco.


The shape of this gravy boat is different and with the flowers inside, so sweet.  I guess it could be used for custard too.

I think the set is just missing the bottom of the sugar bowl, I have the lid, the top to the circular vegetable dish and the teapot, possibly it also had a coffee pot, as there are little demi tasse cups or espresso cups.


Very pretty.


Finished another Cape Ann shawl, this is such a nice pattern, and made a hat to match, will finish the other hat today, somewhat like the one in the picture below, but modified.  A combination of two patterns.  I always have to give things my own spin, or wouldn't be fun otherwise.



Our nor'easter.


Days end.

Christine

4 comments:

  1. Love the clock, what a great gift. The china was a delight, what a great find. Love the crochet hat, certainly needed with all that snow. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely day for staying in and snuggling around that fire...you got beautiful things, such lovely dishes..beautiful projects also..have a lovely day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always longed to be properly snowed in so I don't have to feel guilty about not going anywhere! The cake looks delicious but my mouth is watering at Mr. B's cookies. Your day looks so lovely and cosy. I am amazed at the amount of china you found. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun snow day, wasn't it? Sometimes it's wonderful to be stuck inside. Nice beehive clock - very pretty, and those dishes are lovely. Hmmm, chocolate chip cookies...hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10